Environmental Policy Statement
Abbey Roofing Ltd, which has been trading for over 40 years, recognizes its responsibilities for the wider environment and to the local community. It is committed to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and other requirements at local, regional and national level, as a minimum performance, and to continually improve environmental performance through appropriate initiatives, controls, provision of resources and training of employees. The aim is to minimize adverse impacts on the environment of activities, products and services.
An Environmental Management System (EMS) has been established that complies with the International Standard ISO 14001: 2004. This integrates environmental understanding and control into other systems and procedures, under the direction of the senior management team and with the support of all employees, clients, suppliers and sub contractors. Management objectives and targets are established and reviewed on a regular basis to implement the Environmental Policy.
These are based on a commitment to six environmental principles:
- Prevention of pollution, monitoring of emissions of vehicles via the use of tracking devices to reduce/eliminate wasteful and unnecessary mileage
- Minimization of energy and material usage and the production of waste
- Effective and responsible waste management and disposal
- Promoting product reuse and recycling
- Maintaining high workforce awareness of environmental issues
- Involving suppliers, contractors and customers in environmental initiatives
The EMS’s effectiveness is monitored and maintained by regular audit and Management Review.
This Environmental Policy is communicated to all employees and made available to the public on request. The involvement of its workforce and external interested and affected parties in its Environmental Policy is encouraged by the organization through effective communication procedures.